Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My Secret Urban Oasis

.
If you fight the traffic everyday heading west on Touhy trying to get to the highway, you’ve passed it. In fact, it isn’t that easy to find once you know the directions. It’s tucked away and hidden, as it should be.

Once you find what you thought was the right address, there is still plenty of doubt about your navigation skills. It couldn’t be across from this brand new, block long school, could it? How could a nursery this big, be smack in the middle of a modest, brick ranch residential neighborhood?
Well, it is. You’re in the right place. Just look for the old, hand sawn, wood lettered sign adjacent to a gravel road on the east side of N.E. Prairie Road.

URHAUSEN GREENHOUSES

You can drive your car down the short, dusty road to their small 8 car parking area. You’ll probably get a spot. We always do and it still always makes me feel like I’ve won the lottery. A parking spot right in front of my favorite place in Chicagoland and I didn’t need to dig into my wallet for a valet or a meter.


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home